Responsible Use of Technology
● All students will follow Responsible Use Agreement that is signed by the
student and their parents. Please review that agreement carefully with your
student before signing it.
● That Agreement includes use of WRPS devices and the students’ personal
devices including cell phones and all gaming devices.
● If students in grades K - 6 bring personal devices to school they must
secure them in their lockers when they enter the school in the morning.
● All students in grades K - 8 may only use their devices during class time for
educational purposes with specific permission from the teacher of that
● Students in grades 7 and 8 may have their phones and devices out during
breaks but the Responsible Use Agreement is in effect at all times.
● Students in grades K - 6 are not allowed to have their electronic devices
out during breaks or outside at recess. That includes cell phones and all
● If students do not follow the Responsible Use Agreement and/or their
teachers’ instructions in regards to the use of electronic devices,
consequences will be in place.
● Consequences include the devices / phones being kept by the teacher and
/or principal for a period of time that will be determined by the teacher and
● Other consequences (including contact with parents) may occur depending
on the severity of the infraction and for repeated offences.